The past few years have seen the rise of a number of players in the “Homestay” or the “Vacation Rentals” segment, which justifiably is giving a tough competition to the hotel industry.
The biggest draw of these services is the fact that they offer all kinds of accommodation at a reasonable cost.
Since most of these homestays are listed by the owners; you can get a choice of your vacation wherever you want. You get to stay in their property for a price which is definitely much lesser than any hotel; thus it is a Win-Win situation for all.
For an explorer who wants to experience places and its history, it is much easier to book something right in the heart of its location and while there may be chances that there are no suitable hotels nearby, there is sure to be some vacation home.
There are many newer and more flashy players in the Vacation Rentals segment but it is the time tested VRBO which has always been my my first choice. It is one of the most imaginative websites which offers the best of B&B’s, Shared rooms, and luxury as well as private properties.
VRBO, which is an acronym for “vacation rentals by the owner”, focuses on vacation rentals i.e. the property the owners can give on rent for a particular part of the year as they go out on vacations.
It has a huge collection of vacation rentals and homestays in its database, and even if the accommodation options at any place are scarce, you can always depend upon the VRBO to bail you out.
Some of the highlights of VRBO are –
- The average nightly rates are much lower than any of the other competitive services.
- The quality of rental space is usually much bigger and better, which is why it is the most suitable mode if you are going with a larger group.
- Most of the homestays listed in VRBO have fully equipped kitchens as well as dining space; this can save you a lot of money as well as time which is at the premium when you are on a vacation.
- It has all type of accommodations and the database has more than 275000 properties all over the world which includes condos lost apartments lake houses, house boats, farm houses as well as mountain cabins.
- It has pet friendly properties too and these are indicated on the website at the time of booking.
- The free listing option allows more hosts to list which in turn ensures a vast number of properties on the offer.
- There are no hidden costs. You can cancel the bookings in advance without incurring any loss. The payment conditions are very user friendly you have to pay just 10% at the time of booking.
So next time you are planning to take a home stay apartment or any other vacation home, be sure to try out the superb experience that VRBO has to offer.