Let us admit it! Whenever we plan to go out on a vacation, we promise ourselves to pack the least number of things possible but at last, end up with suitcases weighing more than ourselves! No matter how much we try to pack only the essential stuff, the size of our bags never decreases.
To overcome this problem that most of us face while packing, we are sharing below some very useful tips on how to travel light. Have a look:
- Carry a bag that is small in size and is lightweight too. It will be even more helpful if you can use it as a backpack. That way you can easily carry it while exploring new places. Moreover, if your bag is small, you probably will pack only those things that you absolutely need during the trip.
- If where you are traveling requires you to carry hiking boots or winter boots, it is best to wear them during the flight and pack a pair of slippers to change into once you board the flight.
- Carry only the basic toiletries. Usually people tend to go overboard when they pack toiletries. Believe us, you only need some soap, shampoo and a good moisturizer. In case you are headed to a beach vacation, carry some sunscreen too.
- Clothes made from merino wool are super-lightweight, keep you warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. What’s more is you can wear them for days together without having to worry about foul odor.
- You can ball up your socks and undergarments and stuff them into your boots or some other place to make more room in your suitcase.
- Wear the bulkiest of your clothes (jackets, coats, etc.) while traveling, just like your boots.
- Excel in the art of mixing and matching. One skirt and a single pair of trousers can be matched with a t-shirt, a fancy blouse or a tank top to make six different outfits–plenty of clothes for a week long journey.
- Download maps and guidebooks on your smartphone instead of carrying them physically.
So these are a few handy tips that you should keep in mind while planning your next trip. Remember that it is always more enjoyable and convenient if you travel light!