Traveling isn’t always fun! I know most of you would beg to disagree but imagine those long queues at the airports, flight delays, unruly passengers, traffic jams during peak hours and then maybe you’ll agree slightly to what I said.
But do not worry. You can turn your travel experience from miserable to super fun by following these simple tips and tricks that make travel much much easier:
- The first and the most important trick: travel light! Your goal should be to pack only what you can comfortably carry. Remember less luggage saves cost (no additional baggage fees) and time (no waiting for your luggage to arrive). You will also appreciate traveling light when lugging a bag up the stairs somewhere.
- Choose your travel dates wisely. It is sheer common sense that train and flight tickets will be expensive on weekends and during holiday season. So if your schedule permits, avoid those days and you’ll be surprised how much money you’ll save.
- Make maximum use of your smartphone. Carry all your maps, guidebooks and travel itineries in your mobile and save space.
- Reach the airport early. I know this one is a no brainer but still, do reach airport before time, specially during festive/holiday season.
- If you get the choice of plane seat, always sit far away from children as they tend to need the washroom way too often!
- It is always beneficial to learn the language of the country you are traveling to, even if they are just a few words. You will be amazed at the love you’ll receive if you greet Indians with a simple “Namaste”!
- Carry your earplugs if you prefer silence over the chaos and noisiness of a flight.
- Pack a sarong as it is a piece of garment that can be worn in multiple ways: a shawl, a towel, a curtain, a skirt, a dress, even an emergency bandage!
- Don’t carry a lot of cash with you as there are ATMs almost in every country of the world.
- If you’re traveling with children, don’t forget to carry stuff that will keep them engaged during long flights.
- When you take your seat on the plane, make a habit of adjusting the air vents to protect yourself from germs.
- Go in for travel insurance. It sounds obvious but lots of people don’t bother, and end up losing a lot of money when things go as they expected.
So these are a few handy trips and tricks that you can follow the next time you travel. And believe me, you are going to find each one of them super useful!